The west (southbound lane) of Okemos Rd will be under construction for the next few months.
Northbound traffic will be detoured to Mt. Hope, then Hagadorn Rd. That is because the northbound lanes cannot accommodate two-way traffic.
Southbound traffic will use the northbound lanes during the construction.
We are working with the Ingham County Road Department to place signs at the north and south ends of the Indian Hills neighborhood.
NOT A HARD CLOSURE – ICRD will put up signs:
- “Road Closed to Through Traffic” for Ottawa Hills neighborhood
- North end: Nakoma and Hamilton
- South end – near Mt. Hope: Nakoma and Seminole, Cherokee Way, and Chippewa Dr
- “No Outlet” or similar signs will go at the entrance to Indian Lakes neighborhood at Comanche Dr. and Mt. Hope.
- The sign will also have an orange flag.
- Signs indicating that Comanche is not a thru street will also be placed on Mt. Hope.
- MTPD will increase patrols and cite violators under Disobey a Traffic Control Device.
- MTPD will also cite Trucks in violation of the Truck Route if they use the neighborhood.
MTPD will monitor traffic and contact the residents for further input.