Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Holiday shopping tips

Many blogs and police Facebook pages are putting out holiday shopping tips, in fact we've done it in the past too, but this year I'm only espousing one simple tip.  This can be used throughout the year, not just during the holiday season; use common sense.  I know it sounds simple, but even I'm guilty of doing things that don't follow my tip.

For example, if you're going shopping at the mall, don't leave your purse in your vehicle.  Don't leave your brand new IPad either, or your golf clubs or any other valuables that you don't want to grow legs and walk away.

Another good example, don't give anyone your debit card number and PIN.  There is no legitimate reason for someone else to have that information.  If you give it to them I guarantee that they will rip you off.

I firmly believe if we all band together and use a little common sense this year we can stop a lot of problems before they even start.


MTPD is now hiring!