Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Happy Thanksgiving! (A bit early)
Unfortunately during this holiday shopping season criminals will be out targeting people. Below are some tips that will prevent you from becoming a victim while you are out shopping:
1. Don't leave your purse or wallet in your vehicle.
2. Once you find that great deal and buy the item, don't leave it in the passenger compartment of your vehicle.
3. If you have to leave something that is valuable in your car, leave it in the trunk.
4. If you will be using gift cards, keep a close eye on them, once they are stolen it is very difficult to track them.
5. If you will be using cash to buy your items, be discreet and don't wave it around.
6. If you are shopping with children have a plan in place for if you are separated.
7. Stay alert as you are walking through parking lots. Be aware of your surroundings.